Thursday, June 2, 2022

Man flown to Strong after vapors Ignite on Batavia's Cherry Street


A man was flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester this afternoon after suffering second- and third-degree burns in an accidental incident involving vapors escaping from a propane grill. 

City of Batavia Interim Fire Chief Daniel Herberger said it appeared a man was getting ready to mow the lawn at 32 Cherry St. The man said he thought he hit an ignitor while getting a lawn mower out of a shed.

“He thinks he hit the ignitor to cause a spark,” Herberger said. “It wasn’t the tank that exploded. There was an explosion of vapors.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Genuine commenting is warmly welcomed--Advertising is not welcome in the Comment Section and will be removed without further explanation.