Murray Town Board members Monday voted for the immediate resignation of Supervisor Joseph Sidonio, citing, among other things, his use of racial slurs and vile language to describe female employees. Councilman Paul Hendel made a motion at the start of Monday night’s monthly board meeting, before any other business could be addressed. The motion, seconded by Lloyd Christ, demanded that Sidonio resign based on numerous reasons, including that Sidonio “has consistently fostered a working atmosphere of ridicule and intimidation with the elected and non-elected individuals working for the town.” “Mr. Sidonio has consistently used vulgar and inappropriate language to identify and describe both elected and non-elected individuals working for the town,” the motion reads. “For example: In recorded messages that have been obtained by the Town Board, he refers to our town clerk as a “F---ing C---“; and our court clerk as “a clone of Ron Vendetti and a F---ing C---“!” Vendetti was a much maligned former assessor. Those recordings obtained by board members and verified by The Daily News also revealed Sidonio’s use of the N word. Hendel, in his statement to the board, said that his son-in-law and grandson are African-American. “You disrespect them and every person of color when you are using racial terminology to describe people of color,” Hendel added. “I find that abhorrent and disgusting.” The motion cites other reasons: That Sidonio manipulates facts, information and people, has repeatedly harassed elected and non-elected employees, and violated the confidentiality of executive sessions, all things that are revealed on the recordings. The recordings were made by a citizen who has spoken multiple times to Sidonio, board members said. The motion was approved by Hendel, Christ and Randall Bower. Deputy Supervisor Michael Mele abstained from the vote, since he would become supervisor if Sidonio resigns. The resolution was adopted.
W. PETE MAIRS
GERALD C. SAHRLE
KATHARINE E. PRACZKAJLO ("Kathy P.")
BRENDA J. PADDOCK
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
(Julie Hoffner or Greg Franklin)
- Arts Council & Gallery (Perry)
- Asbury Retreat Center
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church. See "3 Tours," below, under "Rainy Day Reading."
- Shake on the Lake
(S/L Acting Troupe)
- S/L Golf -- The Club & Restaurant
- S/L Sportsmen's Club & Restaurant
- Charcoal Corral: Good Food including pizza, Ice Cream; 2 Drive-in Theaters; Miniature Golf, Kids Jumping Toys, Live Concerts, Classic Car Shows (open March 17, 2021 to late October). Family Fun.
- S/L Association (SLA)
- 2 great community programs (SLA)
- S/L Association on Facebook (SLA)
- S/L Institute (SLI) Website
- See History and Programming below.
- Hoag Gallery by Appointment (SLI)
- Burt Park was originally Auditorium Park (SLI)
- Letchworth State Park
Grand Canyon of the East"
- Silver Lake State Park (Hunting, Fishing)
SILVER LAKE ASSOCIATION:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- 3 Tours: Asbury, SLI, Pioneer Museum (high-lighted by satellite maps)
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church
- History: Association (SLA)
- Sea Serpent Legend (Just one version)
- History: 2500 Seat Auditorium lost to fire (SLI)
- History: Institute (SLI)
- History: Institute Historical Buildings (SLI)
- History: Stoody Hall -- Rev J H Stoody single-handedly saves SLI; includes local WCTU history.
- Remembering 2017 (SLI)
- History: RR: Historian argues for early dates of S-L RR and Perry RR
- History: RR: Arthur P. Kreiner's Late Date for S/L R.R.
- History: RR: Local History, Local Ownership
SILVER LAKE INSTITUTE:
SILVER LAKE RAILROAD:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- LINKS at Top Center of main newsletter SLDN (under banner/name block)
- Season 2021--click on: https://www.silverlakedailynewsletter.com/p/sli-public-programs-for-2021.html
Thanks to our
ACWC Partners in
Page Views since 2010:
Visitors Summarized:https://statcounter.com/p11286049/ summary/