Monday, January 3, 2022

New Year's Day Fire in Perry:
Rechargeable battery explodes, ignites fire at Perry apartment

One tenant was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation after a fire on New Year’s Day, Wyoming County Emergency Services officials said. The fire was reported 5 p.m. at 27 Gardeau St. A rechargeable battery exploded while being charged, and ignited combustible materials nearby.

The fire was contained to the room of origin, which sustained smoke and water damage. Firefighters were at the scene for three hours. Damages were estimated at $10,000.

Firefighters from Perry, Castile, Perry Center, Warsaw and Silver Springs responded, along with Perry police, Perry Ambulance and county Emergency Services personnel. The Mount Morris Fire Department was on standby.

The building includes three apartments. All tenants were able to return once the fire was extinguished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Genuine commenting is warmly welcomed--Advertising is not welcome in the Comment Section and will be removed without further explanation.