Weather Updates for Monday
- At Noon, the cloud cover has thickened; the wind which is increasing in speed near Lake Erie and the Niagara River has not yet affected southeastern Wyoming County. Currently, there is no precipitation.
- At 1:30 pm the temperature is 42.3°, the rain is light. The wind has increased but steady.
- At 3 pm the temperature is 37.7° and the wind average speed is 5.4 mph with the high gust at 30 mph; 0.29" total rain so far.
- At 5 pm we witnessed from Buffalo TV that the bulk of the "storm" of wind, temperature, and snow was located in the Orchard Park area; the stadium lights showed a significant amount of blowing snow in the early darkness; interviews with tailgathers gave a personal touch to the "feel" of the weather which was hardly bothering anyone there. They experienced at least one 55 mph gust.
- At 6 pm we learned that the Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park just experienced another burst of snow; the Southern Tier will continue to be hit overnight but only for about 1 to 3 inches by morning. Forward looking radar shows Silver Lake will also receive short bursts of snow fall but it is not forecast to add up to much. The Southern Tier will be anywhere from 1 to 6 inches by Tuesday night.