Historian Bob Murphy Served in Security:
Old SLI Security Badge to be Retired to Epworth's History Room this Season
|THE ABOVE IS A 50% REPRO|
OF THE SLI SECURITY BADGE
SLATED TO BE DONATED THIS
SUMMER TO THE HISTORY
ROOM IN EPWORTH HALL.
As a religious, gated community requiring an enry fee from 1873 or shortly thereafter through the time of the elimination of the ticket booths, the opening of the gates, Perry Ave. becoming a Town of Castile municiple road and the extension of the only two-lane road through the Park and over to Chapman Road--the extension also taking on the name of Perry Ave.
Neighbor to neighbor problems were exacerbated on occasion by a volunteer third neighbor being called in who happened to be on Security duty that evening. Serious authority seemed to be lacking in some of these relationships between community members and their equals serving as authority figures. Some Institute security guards had better luck, or personal skills, at keeping order than others.