When Can I Get My Vaccine?
The first New Yorkers to receive the Covid-19 vaccine, as part of the NYS Vaccination Plan, are in groupings known as 1A which is a list of priority populations. If you are a member of one of these priority populations, watch for an email from your employer or sponsoring agency on how to register for an upcoming vaccination clinic (see "Read More" below for the priority listing).
More information will be released next week for Wyoming County priority populations as guidance is issued by NYS. Visit the NYS Department of Health site for Covid-19 vaccination information at https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/.
For priority group listings, click on:
- High-risk hospital and FQHC staff, including OMH psychiatric centers;
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel;
- Coroners and funeral home workers;
- Staff and residents in congregate living situations run by the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, Office of Mental Health Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OPWDD/OMH/OASAS);
- Urgent Care providers; staff administering Covid-19 Vaccinations;
- Outpatient Ambulatory front-line, high-risk health care workers of any age who provide direct in-persons patient care, or other staff in a position in which they have direct contact with patients (i.e., intake staff) individuals who work in private medical practices;
- Hospital-affiliated medical practices;
- Public health clinics;
- Specialty medical practices of all types;
- Dental practices of all types;
- Dialysis workers;
- Diagnostic and treatment centers;
- Occupational therapists; physical therapists and speech therapists;
- Behavioral health workers; and student health workers;
- All front-line, high-risk public workers who have direct contact with patients, including those conducting Covid-19 tests, those handling Covid-19 lab specimens and Covid-19 vaccinations; home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers;
- Staff and residents of nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and adult care facilities.
The Wyoming County Response line is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am through 3:30 pm at (585) 786-8911 to answer general questions.