8 am - 11 am Update ...
- Buffalo Airport: 2.6 feet of snow; 20 degrees at 8 am.
- SLI north of Perry Ave. - anywhere between 3-4 inches; and 8 inch drifts depending upon how the wind did or didn't hit upon buildings and vehicles; appearing as a winter wonderland; plowing currently taking place at SLI (8 am).
- current temperature: 13 degrees.
- reporting agencies not reporting number of inches of snow at this time - -ANYONE: PLEASE EMAIL YOUR LOCATION AND NUMBER OF INCHES TO: SLDN@mail.com. You may include your name if you wish. Others will so appreciate it. Thank you.
- SLI's shoreline community (west of Perry Ave.) -- waiting for report.
- Albany -- 36+ inches
- Binghamton -- 36+ inches
- Buffalo -- 30 inches
- SLI -- 4 inches
- Warsaw -- 6 inches
- This afternoon, winds coming in from Lake Ontario bringing snow flurries "to the northtowns." Temperature to rise to 27 degrees this afternoon.
9:00 am Update ...
- North Lake Air Temp: 16; South Lake Air Temp: 15.
- Silver Lake Air is clear (no flurries).
- Lake appears to have more open water today than yesterday.
11: 00 am Update ...
- Silver Lake North -- 20 degrees. Silver Lake South -- 18 degrees. AccuWeather reports 22 degrees for Silver Lake but they sometimes report the same temperature as their source which is Castile also at 22 degrees.
- AccuWeather reports that "White Christmas Hopes Are Alive!" because "chilly air [will] linger behind [the] snowstorm [and] increase white Christmas hopes in [the] northeast."
- Snow is still clinging to the bare limbs of the trees and most surfaces which is helping to create the winter wonderland affect.
- There was a brief period of sun in the northern half of Silver Lake from about 10 am through 10:15.
|Courtesy Silver Lake Institute|
Courtesy Silver Lake Marine and SLA
12 Noon ...