Houghton College invites you to be part of an initiative to provide life-long learning opportunities to senior adults (60 years and older) in the region. Building on already existing programming and services, they plan to deliver an increased number of educational, recreational, and socially enriching experiences in a Christ-centered, academically excellent environment. "Encore" allows you to build friendships, relax and immerse yourself in wellness, creativity, and learning.
ENCORE participants must complete an enrollment form and pay a one-time $15 enrollment fee. For the enrollment form, see Frederick Schuknecht, Greg Franklin, or: Houghton College, One Willard Avenue, Houghton, NY 14744 (585-567-9200), www.houghton.edu. Upon completion of the form, each member will receive:
- A Houghton College ID card
- A guest parking pass
- Faculty/Staff pricing in the dining hall
- Use of the college library collection
- A weekly schedule of events and building/office hours
Sample programming may include:
- Health/Recreation/Wellness (recreation memberships, water aerobics, fitness classes, athletic events, wellness workshops, etc.)
- Music (performances, recitals, participating in vocal or instrumental ensembles or learning to play an instrument, etc.)
- Art (painting, ceramics, paper making, etc.)
- Education/Learning (auditing classes, book clubs, lectures, cultural trips, technology training, etc.)
"If you are interested in enrolling or learning more about ENCORE, please join us at an informational meeting and reception on Monday, November 25 at 10:00 am in the South End Dining Room in the Reinhold Campus Center. College IDs can be obtained and enrollment fees paid before or after the meeting. You may fill out the enrollment form [before the informational meeting] and return it with payment to the address above. Please include the word ENCORE in the address," said Phyllis Gaerte, Senior Director of Alumni and Community Engagement.
"If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call 585-567-9210," concluded Ms. Gaerte.