Tuesday, April 10, 2018
First SLI Trustee Meeting of 2018 Scheduled for this Saturday, April 14
This Saturday, April 14, 2018, a change from the usual first Saturday of the month, is the first of seven monthly Trustee Meetings for the 2018 Silver Lake Institute season and will be held beginning at 10 am. Meteorologists are predicting "warmer" temperatures as the week progresses, so this first Trustee Meeting could possibly be held at Hoag Memorial, although the Epworthian announcement has it scheduled for the Institute garage. Whether it's Hoag Memorial or the SLI garage, Board Members and visitors should remember to dress warmly as the floors and chairs will most likely be a lot colder than the air temperatures.
The Executive Committee will be giving its annual report of its meetings held over the winter months and quite possibly the unusually long, snowy winter may be a topic of their discussions along with how they managed the worst of the storms and got the streets cleared. The Institute is not currently equipped to handle such rapid and continuous snow fall. There may be possible recommendations or announcement of meetings about coming up with recommendations.
Also over the winter months, following the resignation-retirement of the Institute Chaplain, the Worship Committee was asked to change from having an SLI Chaplain to having a committee-centered planning and delivery system for the Worship program. The Worship Committee will be bringing a report about its work to finalize such a plan beginning with the 2018 program season. Committee member Joan Maddison will be bringing that report. This preliminary report was approved by the members of the Worship Committee and became available to residents on March 15th through the new "My Silver Lake Connection" online newsletter. The article of March 15th containing the report can be seen again by clicking on: Worship Report.
President Bill Schaefer will most likely be updating the Board about the many plans and arrangements completed for this season, many of which appeared in this spring's edition of the annual Epworthian, a newsletter published exclusively for the resident-members of the Institute. If you have misplaced your Epworthian, it can be found in the left column of this newsletter under "SLI Members Section" of the Site Map.
Posted by G.A.F. at 12:00 AM
W. PETE MAIRS
GERALD C. SAHRLE
KATHARINE E. PRACZKAJLO ("Kathy P.")
BRENDA J. PADDOCK
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
(Julie Hoffner or Greg Franklin)
- Arts Council & Gallery (Perry)
- Asbury Retreat Center
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church. See "3 Tours," below, under "Rainy Day Reading."
- Shake on the Lake
(S/L Acting Troupe)
- S/L Golf -- The Club & Restaurant
- S/L Sportsmen's Club & Restaurant
- Charcoal Corral: Good Food including pizza, Ice Cream; 2 Drive-in Theaters; Miniature Golf, Kids Jumping Toys, Live Concerts, Classic Car Shows (open March 17, 2021 to late October). Family Fun.
- S/L Association (SLA)
- 2 great community programs (SLA)
- S/L Association on Facebook (SLA)
- S/L Institute (SLI) Website
- See History and Programming below.
- Hoag Gallery by Appointment (SLI)
- Burt Park was originally Auditorium Park (SLI)
- Letchworth State Park
Grand Canyon of the East"
- Silver Lake State Park (Hunting, Fishing)
SILVER LAKE ASSOCIATION:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- 3 Tours: Asbury, SLI, Pioneer Museum (high-lighted by satellite maps)
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church
- History: Association (SLA)
- Sea Serpent Legend (Just one version)
- History: 2500 Seat Auditorium lost to fire (SLI)
- History: Institute (SLI)
- History: Institute Historical Buildings (SLI)
- History: Stoody Hall -- Rev J H Stoody single-handedly saves SLI; includes local WCTU history.
- Remembering 2017 (SLI)
- History: RR: Historian argues for early dates of S-L RR and Perry RR
- History: RR: Arthur P. Kreiner's Late Date for S/L R.R.
- History: RR: Local History, Local Ownership
SILVER LAKE INSTITUTE:
SILVER LAKE RAILROAD:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- LINKS at Top Center of main newsletter SLDN (under banner/name block)
- Season 2021--click on: https://www.silverlakedailynewsletter.com/p/sli-public-programs-for-2021.html