- Doug Wilson - who would serve as Worship Leader Coordinator. He has indicated to me that he is willing to recruit Worship Leaders for each of the Sundays of our season - their task would be to lead our congregation in worship and to introduce the weekly speakers. He will work to recruit clergy and laity that are connected to the Silver Lake community to serve in this capacity.
- Greg Franklin - who would serve as recruiter and coordinator of he Worship Speakers and the presenters of special music. He has agreed to do this recruitment with the aim of providing speakers from a variety of denominations and faith services. Experience has shown us that because of the close relationship with Camp Asbury and the United Methodist Conference, persons with an attachment to the camp or the Institute tend to be the ones that are more readily and willing to commit to be our speakers.
- Barb Weaver - who has agreed to recruit and coordinate child care programming for the services.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Worship Committee Proposes Expanded Size, Responsibilities to April 14 Board Meeting in lieu of Empty Chaplain Slot
When Worship Committee Chair Don Weaver first learned that an Executive decision would be coming to eliminate the role of Chaplain in the Institute most likely by the Fall of 2018, he knew he would have to be preparing for a larger and more dynamically organized Worship Committee to absorb the responsibilities of that role. When the then-current Chaplain, G. Franklin was brought up to speed on the plan, he decided "not to delay nor stand in the way of progress," and submitted his resignation-retirement effective February 20, 2018.
Rev. Weaver then set up a proposed plan that included three (3) additional members to the Worship Committee and the job responsibilities that they would take on. His proposal to the Worship Committee, which the Committee has now accepted, follows:
[Items 1,2,3 are Official by Committee]
Dr. Weaver's plan also included:
[Bullet Points are Official by Committee]
The Committee has responded to this plan and accepted it, so the finished proposal will be submitted to the Board of Trustees through its President at the Board's April 14th meeting at 10 a.m., most likely held in the SLI Shop/Garage, corner Wesley and Janes.
Posted by G.A.F. at 1:53 PM
W. PETE MAIRS
GERALD C. SAHRLE
KATHARINE E. PRACZKAJLO ("Kathy P.")
BRENDA J. PADDOCK
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
(Julie Hoffner or Greg Franklin)
- Arts Council & Gallery (Perry)
- Asbury Retreat Center
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church. See "3 Tours," below, under "Rainy Day Reading."
- Shake on the Lake
(S/L Acting Troupe)
- S/L Golf -- The Club & Restaurant
- S/L Sportsmen's Club & Restaurant
- Charcoal Corral: Good Food including pizza, Ice Cream; 2 Drive-in Theaters; Miniature Golf, Kids Jumping Toys, Live Concerts, Classic Car Shows (open March 17, 2021 to late October). Family Fun.
- S/L Association (SLA)
- 2 great community programs (SLA)
- S/L Association on Facebook (SLA)
- S/L Institute (SLI) Website
- See History and Programming below.
- Hoag Gallery by Appointment (SLI)
- Burt Park was originally Auditorium Park (SLI)
- Letchworth State Park
Grand Canyon of the East"
- Silver Lake State Park (Hunting, Fishing)
SILVER LAKE ASSOCIATION:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- 3 Tours: Asbury, SLI, Pioneer Museum (high-lighted by satellite maps)
- Pioneer Cabin, Museum, Band Stand & Park, old School House, old Church
- History: Association (SLA)
- Sea Serpent Legend (Just one version)
- History: 2500 Seat Auditorium lost to fire (SLI)
- History: Institute (SLI)
- History: Institute Historical Buildings (SLI)
- History: Stoody Hall -- Rev J H Stoody single-handedly saves SLI; includes local WCTU history.
- Remembering 2017 (SLI)
- History: RR: Historian argues for early dates of S-L RR and Perry RR
- History: RR: Arthur P. Kreiner's Late Date for S/L R.R.
- History: RR: Local History, Local Ownership
SILVER LAKE INSTITUTE:
SILVER LAKE RAILROAD:
- MAIN NEWS COLUMN
- LINKS at Top Center of main newsletter SLDN (under banner/name block)
- Season 2021--click on: https://www.silverlakedailynewsletter.com/p/sli-public-programs-for-2021.html